I am a room mom in Tyler's kindergarten class, which, when there is a holiday brewing, proves to be A LOT of work. Last week, the details of the party were finalized, today I sent out a letter to the parents, inviting them to the party, and asking for a small donation to go toward the party materials. Tomorrow I will be finishing the "picture background" that I am going to take pictures of the kids in front of. It is larger than a kindergartener, and will have snowflakes in the sky, glittery snow on the ground and a huge snowman made of cotton, holding a yardstick, so that we can see how tall they were at Christmas as 5 year olds. then I will be cutting out all of the pieces for the snowman craft we will be doing...The other wonderful room mom is taking care of the cookie decorating...and the wreath picture frame. THEN, there is the decorating for the party...and the thank you notes that I have to have prepared BEFORE the actual party, because that is the last time that I will see all of the those parents until after winter break.
If that wasn't enough....I have to finish my Christmas cards, address them, and get them mailed.
I have to make cookies...not just cookies for us, our friends, teachers etc but TOMORROW...I have to make a full plate of an assortment of cookies for Kevin's office. They have "treat days" all through the month of December, and he decided to sign me up too early, so now, I will be making cookies twice. :) Agian....It wouldn't be so bad, but I have been making cookies for them for so many years...that the expectations keep getting higher...
Karman has a big debate tournament that we need to get her to at an absolutely unheard of time in the morning, and of course pick her up from, between 12-1am. Makes for a LONG day for all concerned! Then the next day is a big Holiday get together with some family.
Also, in the mode of tradition, we want to go see the ZOOlights, and get our family picture taken, decorate cookies, do a few craft projects, have a couple family Christmas movie nights, write letters to Santa, make our gingerbread house, and of course, go see santa. It would also be nice to have a nice quiet night with Kevin and watch It's a Wonderful Life in front of a fire too.
The list could be longer....It doesn't matter how prepared you think you are, there is just always more to do...it seems. However, in spite of it all, or perhaps even because of it all, I LOVE THIS SEASON.......
I love the whole thing. I love the feeling of having Christmas music on in the car, and having Tyler sing-along. I love to shop under the speakers that are pumping out that same music. I love the family feel of the holiday, and looking forward with anticipation to snow! And, yes, I love all of the things above that are currently stressing me out, but that I, and others, will look back on with fond memories. Afterall, that is what THIS SEASON, for me, is about!
So sorry for the LOOOOONG belly-aching post....I just needed to vent...and make a bit of a physical list at the same time! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment