When you look at your LIFE...the GREATEST happinesses...are FAMILY happinesses

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inaguration Day 2009

Today, I was unable to stop watching history in the making. When I did finally stop watching...I couldn't stop thinking about how far our nation has come. How much we, as a people, have finally grown! I am so happy that my children are being brought up in a country that has passed "that" point...a country, where the majority finally looked beyond race, and decided based on other factors!

When my son looked at me and asked why I was so involved, I explained that this was our new president, and told him that he is the first African American president ever...and he said...
"so, what's the big deal?"
I am so happy he sees it like that, and wish that for everyone! I hope it is never a "big deal" agian...

This is certainly NOT to say that I do now, nor will ever agree with everything that President Obama intends to do, or might do, while in office. But, as an American, I am proud to stand, and support.
I believe that None of this has ANYTHING to do with party lines....not caring whether you are Conservative, Liberal or Independant,
This was a monumental day in America! A day of exceptance...of new beginnings...of hope.

No comments: