When you look at your LIFE...the GREATEST happinesses...are FAMILY happinesses

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Here an Egg......

So I am a little behind...and need to backtrack for this last week... (4-11-09)

Our kids just ate up the Easter Egg hunts this year. It was fun to see. It is the first year that Makylie understood what to do, (last year she grabbed one egg, and went and sat down to open it) and the first "real" year that Tyler ACTUALLY truly remembered the year before. Plus, they are still SOOOOO appreciative....it is never, "I didn't get that" or "That's it?" It is pure, unrelenting JOY!
(seriously, look at that face! :) )
(Makylie didn't get many eggs, but she was on top of the world!)
(These guys were SO nice to the kids!)
The two little kids are just at that magic age...where it is all still so fun, and new, and exciting...and they totally believe in all of it.
(Ty went to town)
(seriously...the dress? Cutest thing EVER!!!)
For the record...it looks like the big kids had fun too...even though we sort of had to drag them there. :)
(Karman and one of her best friends, Rae...they didn't hunt...they were helping recycle the eggs!)
We went to a couple hunts, a small one at Tyler's old preschool, a large community free-for-all , a surprise hunt at grandma and grandpa's and, of course, had our own with our friends on Easter Sunday...
These pictures are from the community hunt the day before Easter. For the record they are from my cell phone. I was set up to take my first picture of the face painting...and I snapped it only to have it say...NO CARD...I was SOOOO disappointed. Going to an event with no camera, for me, is a mistake I don't make very often and causes SO much anxiety when I do! SO I had to resort to the cell phone....
Kids.....still cute, no matter the camera!
Now, after it is all said and done...they are still hiding the empty eggs, and re-finding them. It is such an entertainer right now! Love it...but I am packing them all away this weekend, so we will see how that goes.

No comments: