When you look at your LIFE...the GREATEST happinesses...are FAMILY happinesses

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A New Year...

2009 came and went.
2010 is here.

A few resolutions over here, in my little world.

FIRST--my health
*I will be finishing what I started last year....I have 40 more pounds to lose.
I would be happy...thrilled, in fact, with 25...but my ultimate goal is to be down another 40, I did it last year, I should be able to repeat it this year.

*I also want to get more fit...to the point where I crave exercise rather then try to avoid it.
*With that I would like to sign-up for and complete at least one charity walk.

SECOND--(MY goals for our home)
*I want to organize and put into action my decorating ideas.
I have so many things that I "see" our house looking like inside. Projects that are simply figments of my imagination at this point...however, in turn, I have so many ideas, that I don't DO any of them...so I need to organize those thoughts....so that I can begin to implement them.

*To organize my photos on my computer.
I want to get them ALL in their designated folders, organized by year and child etc...then put them all on an external hard drive, and also back them up on CD.
This is SO going to be a P-R-O-J-E-C-T...and it actually DAUNTING just to think about it. I used to be SUPER good about organizing my pictures, but then I started taking so many that I would just upload them and not take the time to put them where they belong. Now, I have to fix that because I am sick of not being able to find the pictures that I am looking for.

*To organize all of my favorite recipes and make a family recipe book.
I love, LOVE to cook, and LOVE to make up my own recipes. However, I make them and scribble them on paper and can never seem to find them again. I have a collection of jotted down recipes that are on post-it notes, or on ripped computer paper, or one the back of receipts and I dream of putting them all in a book to pass down one day. That...I will start this year.

*To make a photo wall that I have wanted to do for the last year.
I need to fill the rest of my frames with new pictures. Then I want to create a collage wall.

*To make our yard, beautiful...now that it has all been ripped out and seeded.

THIRD--(to finish or learn)
*To get my kids "professional picture" albums up-to-date.
Long ago I started albums for all of my kids that have ONLY their professional pictures in them. I got them all put together and completed (to that point) but then I slacked off. Need to get those going again.
I would also like to make Makylie's school album like I did for the other kids.

*Finish organizing my scrapbooking supplies and my desk
*Re-paint and finish decorating the play-room
*Re-decorate Tyler's room in the theme he chooses
---------
*Master Photoshop...Switch over to digital scrapbooking.
I have figured out how to SLOWLY crawl my way through photo manipulation...but I don't know how to get started on scrapbooking. I also want to download and learn how to use photoshop actions to further my editing abilities.

*Learn to use more MANUAL on my camera.
I know some...but when it comes to really setting the levels...I just switch to auto. I would really like to take a couple classes, but I don't think that is going to happen this year.

It was a hard year.
Many struggled, and had to redevelop their reality.
Now though, the economy is looking up, the job market is looking up...
2010...is looking up!
Here's to an amazing year...the start of a new decade!
Happy New Year to all!

2 comments:

Lisa Henderson said...

Oh I have two suggestions that will make some of those goals easy!

I upload my pictures directly into the folder that I want them to go into. Then they are organized and I know right where to find them.

Second, start a cooking blog for all your recipes. Its great because they are all in one place and you have them when you travel. The best part is you can make a blog book and you have an instant recipe book! Im going to print mine up and its only like $14 for the whole thing, hardback with a table of contents.

It is going to be a great year!

Raelyn said...

Yay....Lisa...I did start a cooking blog...I just haven't done anything with it yet. I did create it though. I think I will do that...are they ordered through blogger? Do you upload to Photoshop?