So...I have noticed over the last few days that I have, somewhere in the line of evolution, become a MOMMA.
I don't think I have heard Mommy in a while.
I think, I have officially become a momma, and I don't know how I feel about that.
For me, that there was never anything better then being called mommy. It was that kind of honor that I had been longing for, for so long...and when it is one of the first words out of your baby's mouth, and you have worked SO hard to hear them say it...it is the peak of that melting moment! That time when the whole world could stop and you wouldn't know it....
That is how it made me feel.
Because of the age that we got Karman, I didn't have it very long with her, before it switched over to mom...
Tyler calls me mommy when he wants something...like..."mommy, will get my lego bi-plane down"...
Makylie was the baby. She was so tiny for so long, and she had her speech issues, so I think I felt like she was going to stay that "baby" forever...but, like all things in the course of time...she has grown into a little girl...and suddenly, is calling me Momma.
It hit me this morning, when she said...."momma, it warm enough for short pants?"
Momma just doesn't have that same ring, I guess.
It is another badge of honor....
I just don't know if I am ready to not be a "mommy".
No comments:
Post a Comment