When you look at your LIFE...the GREATEST happinesses...are FAMILY happinesses

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A "Flower" For MOMMY

It was just ALL IN A DAY...

Wake up, pull out some clothes...Tyler gets dressed...Makylie still needs a little help. Do hair. Pick, make, eat breakfast. Brush teeth, wash up. Let the dog out. Get together all of the things that should have been together the night before. Shoes on, coats on. Let the dog in. Find the keys. Walk, or drive if we are running late, to school. 2 1/2 hours to run errands. Back to school, right on time. Pick up Tyler.
Make one peanut butter and jelly sandwich, one strawberry cream cheese sandwich, cut up an apple, grab a snack, pour some water. Eat lunch. Play a little. Kiss Boo-boos. Wipe noses. Discipline. Smile and laugh a lot! Snuggle.

NAP TIME/Quiet time! ahhhhhhhhhhh.

Put away dishes, clean up kitchen...make my lunch. Eat lunch. Read email, write email. Dinner in the crock pot (I am all about the crock pot) Let the dog out...and in.

My short amount of quiet time...

Up from nap. Pick up Karman. Any homework, stories, playtime, color time. Clean up playtime. Kiss boo-boos and wipe noses again. Break up sibling arguments. Prepare dinner sides, trying to have everything done at the same time so that dinner can be ready when hubby gets home. Clean up as I go.

Prepare three kids plates, pour milk, get silverware and set at table. Get my plate ready...sit down only to have someone need something, so get back up to get it....more then once of course. Eat dinner. Fight to feed the slowest baby girl on Earth. (Either myself or Kevin) do dishes and pack up leftovers.

Bath. Pajamas. Brush teeth. Help with homework, argue about why it has to be finished tonight, instead of waiting until tomorrow. A little Wii. Read Stories. Snuggle. Hugs, kisses, tuck in.

Bedtime......ahhhhhhhhhhh!

Finish cleaning anything that needs it. Shower. Feed the Dog. Check email, read blogs, write blog, write email. Just in time to watch a couple of our favorite shows..

Then off to bed. Wake up a few times for whichever child is demanding my mid-sleep attention on that particular night.

Broken sleep, tired weary eyes, only to start again tomorrow.

BUT today...AMIDST IT ALL...

my son brings me a "flower", actually a sad little dandelion (as he does all of the time) and says, "this is for my best mommy." Then he comes and hooks it in my hair clip that holds up my tired, messy "mom-hair" and says..."I thought it might be just what you needed."

And IT was!



It was all I needed to remind me why I do all of the big, small and in-between monotonous things that I do. The thankless, routine, everyday things that go, seemingly, unnoticed. The things that, for the most part, make me MOM! I don't need constant thank yous or pats on the back...I don't need approval or compliments...but just knowing, in any small brief way, that I am the "best mommy", that I, above all others, was most worthy of that "flower"...well,

It makes it ALL so entirely worth it. Who knew...a dandelion could say all that.

1 comment:

E said...

Hello, my dear friend! I just want to say what a great blog. You have done such a great job, I enjoy reading and looking at the great pictures( taken with a gorgeous camera!)