When you look at your LIFE...the GREATEST happinesses...are FAMILY happinesses

Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Day in Kindergarten

If you are 5 years old (or 6), and about to finish Kindergarten....you need to do it RIGHT!
Today was PARTY DAY!!!!!! The end of the year party!

The kids had SO much fun.

We wanted to make this party fun and memorable for the kids, and that it was.
They made very cute frames, decorated in a beach theme...in which I would later put pictures that I took of each child...
*****************************************************
Here they are all finished! SO cute! I always love the way they come out!

They planted sunflower seeds, and decorated a planter stake for them...

They made "fish bowls" with paper plates, foam fish (which my friend lovingly cut out, individually, for me) and sand and fish bowl rocks.

Finally....the cherry, as it were....we made ice cream sundaes! That was a hit! Chaotic...but a hit!
(look at Makylie....isn't she hillarious! She was just staring longingly...and I think she stole some whipped cream a couple of times.....)
What a great day....Filled with laughter, and smiles. Memories to carry....

We have such a great school. It is simple and wonderful! For me, it has such a home-town feel! We are in this trifecta...sitting right on the corner or Snohomish, Mill Creek, and Everett...and our area is growing by the day...literally! Our school is one of the oldest, and has such a modesty about it...but what a loving happy place to be!

I have surprised myself with how sad I am for this chapter of our lives to be closing. I mean I get emotional often enough...but seriously I get choked up just thinking about this......but at the same time very excited for the first grade. Ty is SO ready!

I just can't believe he is about to turn 6.

No comments: