When you look at your LIFE...the GREATEST happinesses...are FAMILY happinesses

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Monday

Today, Makylie is going in for surgery.

She was born with a small hernia in her tummy. It is a ventral hernia, which means that it is above the belly button. The doctors all thought that she would probably outgrow it, but it didn't happen, so they deemed it time to take care of it.
I guess, it is a relatively minor procedure...but not to us... :)

We have been trying to explain it to her in ways that she would understand. I think the hardest part for her, will be that she can not eat for basically the whole day, and she doesn't really understand why.

The day overall, I think, may be hardest on mommy....it is so hard, because she is so young, and just doesn't understand quite enough to really get it. I have told her that she can't eat...and I keep reminding her, saying, can you eat breakfast tomorrow? And she will say, no....but come morning...I know she will want to eat.

Anyway, I just wanted everyone to keep her in your thoughts for the day.

2 comments:

E said...

We love her so much and are definitely thinking of her and Mommy! Love you

Lisa Henderson said...

Oh gosh she will for sure be in my thoughts and prayers today!