When you look at your LIFE...the GREATEST happinesses...are FAMILY happinesses

Sunday, August 2, 2009

What is Peace?


Still catching up....

***************************************
June 28th, we headed out to the ocean while Karman was at summer camp.
It was so much fun, and so relaxing...I wish I could go SO much more often, I wish we could have stayed longer too!
The kids had a wonderful time. Mommy and Daddy felt so connected. The weather was cold, and windy...but it was just so nice to get away, even if only for a couple days, and not worry about a thing. We don't get to do that very often, but it was so needed!
Love this picture!


Daddy buried Makylie's legs.
Tyler, surprisingly, really liked to chase the waves. His belly laughs lit up the beach!

Ahhhhhhh...I love them!

Wind power.

The kite flying was so much fun! The kids really loved it. They have never been able to fly a kite before...and the wind was perfect!

Love, love,love this picture. I was so far away. I had my zoom lens on. There was a saltwater haze...I just love how it looks. It was one of only two times that Maky went down to the water.
We collected all kinds of shells and treasures on the beach and wrote our name.
Then we tried to put our feet in. It didn't work like I had hoped.


Sandcastle happiness!

The kids really thought it was cool that we could write in the sand. Makylie was really enjoying it! We did these to frame.
Of course, since Karman was there, we made one for her too! :)
This was before our nice dinner out.
Oh my, Tyler was so cute walking Maky to the waters edge. She was really afraid, because it really is SO powerful. As soon as she realized that, she didn't want to get too close...but she did walk a little closer with big brother protection!

This is a deer that we saw eating on the side of the road. I love this town!


This is the night scene from our hotel room. It was SO windy, and it just sounded like a tornado outside, it was really neat! You couldn't even stand on the balcony, because it ws so windy you couldn't catch your breath. It was pitch black at this time, but this is what the night setting on the camera picked up!

Still, not really a representation on just HOW windy it really was!
*******************************

The kids LOVED the pool. The whole trip I honestly think this was their favorite part.

Seriously,
An endless ocean that literally takes your breath away, and makes you remember just how TINY we are in this HUGE world...a town where deer walk on the street...pure soft sandy beaches filled with all of the seashells you could ever want...kites as far as the eye can see...beautiful sunsets...minigolf and small town cuisine...
NOPE...nothing compared to the small hotel pool.
I love their innocence!



There were model ships all over the hotel.
This is what we could see from our room's balcony.

That is Peace...

Ahhhh, We so would like to go back.

3 comments:

Lisa Henderson said...

Great Pictures! There really is nothing as beautiful as the beach!

BTW: You are looking good girl!

E said...

Wonderful pictures, Raelyn! What fun and I agree, I wish we could go more often!

Sarie said...

You record SO MUCH. And you are in a lot of photos which is something I need to work on. Your kids are going to love all the documentation. What a lovely day at the beach!!