She took first place in her Open Expository round.
It is a pretty big deal because while in her first year of debate she won time and time again...
last year she really didn't take any awards.
She kind of went into, what should have been a exciting final year of her club, feeling a little defeated and underwhelmed.
However, with A LOT of prodding by us...she worked, and practiced...and worked some more...
And it paid off!
She was rewarded!!!
So, to us, these awards were a little bitter-sweet because of what was happening at the time....and the fact that we didn't get to celebrate it with her at all because of her choices.
It is a hard place for parents to be.
(I am post-dating this to fit it where it belongs even though I didn't get to take the pictures for 2 weeks after, when she finally came home)
But regardless,
We will always be proud of her accomplishments.
I knew she was going to do well this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment