
So when I first thought about doing this journey...I din't think I had it in me.
I mean, my heart was there! No doubt in that...but I mean, really.
60 miles.
In.3.Days????
It just seemed next to impossible.
Welcome to the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure:
But...
I couldn't get it off my mind. It woke me at night. It sat with me during the day.
I kid you not, when I would truly stop at certain moments...and think to myself....
"WHO AM I KIDDING....I am overweight and out of shape...and don't even get me started on the fund-raising...I don't think I can do this...."
A commercial would come on the radio and remind me...
That it is a choice.
That I CAN DO THIS!
I can help make a change.
It consumed me.
I obsessed in my self-doubt. That is what I do.
I second guess myself, and live in my shell of questioning.
Only to let time pass.
Then I regret.
At some point I needed to break free of my comfort zone.
I needed to become a part of something SO much bigger than myself.
My friend Cindy decided to sign up for this journey.
She inspired me.
She made me want to be better.
So here I am.
On January 31st, I signed up....and now...I want to do better...to be better!
My friend Erin just signed up as well.
It will be an amazing, life-changing journey.
Now on to FUNDRAISING!!!!
Please help me on this journey...
I will blog about it here and over at my 3-Day website.
Please visit me at ... www.the3day.org/goto/bizibean
I so look forward to this amazing experience...
The digging deep to change the introverted person I have become...
And seeing who evolves!
No comments:
Post a Comment