When you look at your LIFE...the GREATEST happinesses...are FAMILY happinesses

Sunday, April 5, 2009

In a Fast Paced World...

Tyler and I were having a conversation the other day while we were on our way to sign up for T-Ball.....Here were a few of his questions.....My answers can just be imagined.... :)
***********************************************************
Tyler: Mommy, when do you think my teeth will come out?

Tyler: Yesterday I was thinking that I could climb my tree fort all of the way to the top...but I probably can't do that until I am like 7 or something. So I can't wait to turn 7.

Tyler: Do you think I could have my birthday party at the water park? 'Cause I think my friends would like to see me turn 6 while we play in the water.

Tyler: When I came out of your tummy did you think I would ever be almost 6?

And my VERY favorite!!!!!!!!............

Tyler: Mommy, do you, like feel it in your body when you turn 6?

Seriously...this was the WHOLE ride...sentence after sentence about this exact same thing...

Anyone who has a child in this age range knows, that they live and breathe to get older right now. Tyler asks ALL OF THE TIME "how long til June". He is excited to go to his next dentist appointment because...It is in JUNE. He is excited for Kindergarten to end because that happens....in JUNE. He can't wait for summer...because it happens in JUNE.

It is all about getting bigger...doing more things...achieving what, right now, seems like an impossibility...an eternity away.

For me though...

I wish I could put him in my pocket and keep him just as he is now. I wish I could, more then, protect him from this world and it's realities. I do LOVE watching him grow, and I LOVE what he is growing into...but sometimes, for just a fleeting moment, I do wish for time to stop.

For a little boy, in a very big world, time goes so slow...but for the mommy and daddy watching that little boy, get bigger, every single day right before their very eyes....

It moves FAR TOO FAST!

Mommy: "You will be 6 soon enough my little boy."

2 comments:

Lisa Henderson said...

Caleb is obsessed with turning 6 too! In his prayers he always says, "please bless me to turn 6 when its my birthday!"

So funny but yea, hard to watch them grow!

Sarie said...

Thank you for your insightful comment! Your children are so cute!