When you look at your LIFE...the GREATEST happinesses...are FAMILY happinesses

Saturday, August 22, 2009

What was I thinking......

We are having a late birthday party for Tyler this coming Thursday.

So the end of school year (near his actual birthday) was SO busy for me that I just needed some down time. Then the summer was kind of laid back and lacking routine...and because of that I never got my act together to plan and complete a party with his friends.
Of course he DID have a party with family and close friends of ours, but not his "school friends". So at the end of July, I told him we were just going to wait until next year, and he was just SOOOO SAD.
And of course, he just melts us when he is sad...
I felt horrible, so I told him that we would do a late birthday, and that way it was kind of an end of the summer party too.
So...Thursday it is.

His theme is PIRATES....which he decided on about a year ago...
I decided it would just as easy to make a pinata from scratch.
Ummmm yeah......
So here is the first step....a box covered in tin foil.
The glue mixture.... A LOT of it by the way. in the end I am betting to have gone through 14 school size bottles.... (they are the best deal right now, or I would have gotten the big jug.
Here are the first few layers.....
They say for a 6 year old...it needs about 6-7 coats. So I have 3-4 left to go.

I will post again as I get farther and it starts to take shape. So that you can see what it actually turns out to be.
IT IS EASY!!!! but VERY time consuming as you have to let EVERY layer dry before moving on to the next.
In the end in probably would have been worth the $10 to buy one...but it is kind of fun! :)

3 comments:

Shaundy, Greg and Hailey said...

yeah, what were you thinking LOL :) I remember doing that as a kid though and really enjoyed it. Is Tyler helping?

Raelyn said...

Yes....Ty has helped....but he doesn't like to be messy....hmmmmm...I know...crazy!

Lisa Henderson said...

Gives a new meaning to SUPER mom!