Karman started her 11th grade year on September 10th, 2009.
The last couple of years, Karman has really struggled with fitting in, and finding her place, which has unfortunately also played havoc on her grades.

This year, however, is going to be her year. She has a really tough schedule...which we hope will keep her focused...it is a great tough schedule though. She is taking her first honors class. Honors American Literature. She is really nervous, but also very excited!
She is doing Debate again, which she worked very hard on during the summer...spending literally weeks, EVERYDAY at the library. She is also going to do Grizzly Cubs again, which is a mentoring program with the neighboring elementary school...and she is going to look into the T.A.T.U. program...which is Teens against tobacco use.
Like I said...this is her year...
Karman has struggled with many things in the last couple of years, making us have the VERY stereotypical...teenage daughter/mother (and father) relationship. On the day to day, we get along fine..but there are huge battles when it comes to disagreements.
It is typical...she THINKS she knows EVERYTHING...
And Kevin and I...do KNOW what is best for her.
They just don't always match up.
we don't claim to know everything...but during these turbulant years...we know her better then she knows herself.
However, through it all, she does amaze me.
She is a very bright, loving, and VERY outgoing girl. Her passion for things shows in everything she does.
Even, and maybe especially, in our arguments.
I admire her strength. She has gone through an awful lot and always been optimistic.
I so wish I had her talent for being able to stand, with ABSOLUTELY no fear, and speak to people. To compete in debate. Are you kidding me...I would love to do that!
She wins people over with this talent, all of the time.
She has the potential to do amazing things...and I so hope this year, she finds her place...
or MUCH better yet...
Stops giving a damn what everyone else thinks...
I hope...
She stands up for her beliefs...her goals...her talents...her morals...HERSELF.
That is my hope for my oldest daughter this year.
So that she can KNOW that she is as good, and beautiful as we KNOW she is!

No comments:
Post a Comment