When you look at your LIFE...the GREATEST happinesses...are FAMILY happinesses

Sunday, October 3, 2010

My Soccer Star

Keeping with the norm...Ty still LOVES soccer!

We decided to put him on an actual league this year. The idea is that they start young together, and then stay together, year after year. It is meant to develop a sense of team, sportsmanship, and friendship, and to develop each child's natural skills, until they get to the age, where there are actual positions played.
This is his first year in an all boy team.
The Blue Dragons!!!
It is also the first year, that he has been on a team, with people from his school.

He is so fun to watch.
I envision that he looks a lot like Kevin back when he played.

(This was right after he scored a goal!)
He is GOOD! I know I have said it before....but he is! I mean, really really good!
Right now, they play all positions, but in time...I know he will play a forward. That is his skill set!
Every season, he starts out a little timid...to the game, and the people...
Once he figures out that he is an asset, and really remembers what he is doing, and stops being what we call "soft", meaning he plays with some aggression....
He is AWESOME!!!!!
It is sun now, because he is really learning the rules, and the "art" of the game too.
He is just starting to understand that you are supposed to play as a team...making plays, and carrying them out.
I imagine next year, will be the best season, so far, of that sort of thing...because hopefully, as skills improve all around for the kids....their love of the game will develop even more, and they will really learn to play to each others strengths...yet the fun part is, still be innocent enough to really just love the game for what it is....A GAME!


I think it will always be fun to watch the team become cohesive!

_______________________________________
And this last picture...
I feel like it is a futuristic picture.
I envision, seeing this exact same picture when Tyler is, say, 15.
Walking off the field, with his teammates...
Feeling like they just conquered world.
But...
Far too cool to smile at mommy with a camera.

No comments: