Around here, St. Patty's Day is usually affectionately referred to as...the day before Makylie's birthday. :) But I still try to make it fun.
The Leprechuan visited our house. He made a mess of Ty's Legos, and he pee'd in the toilet, turning it green. Kids loved it! He also left each person a chocolate in their room. The kids lunches were all green, with the acception of their sandwiches. There were grapes, and apple fruit leather, and single serve packs of Erin's Popcorn...finally there had green cans of apple juice, and a green hershey kiss, from Christmas.
I made green breadsticks for dinner. They didn't look very green once they were cooked, but they were a nice pale green once bitten into. I am not a fan of food coloring chemicals, so I try to use them lightly...all the kids noticed, which is really the only point.
I made corned beef and cabbage for dinner, which was REALLY REALLY good. Also made oven baked sweet potatoes, my new favorite treat!
To top it all off, and end it all right, we had mint chocolate chip ice cream, with MINT oreos. (have you had the mint oreos??? OMG) Fun day! Fun kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment