I have been unfortunately reminded lately that still walking among us are very ignorant people.
They make snap judgements, and comments, and really do not take into consideration who may hear them...who they may hurt in the process, and why those opinions being broadcast are inappropriate.
Sadly, my reminder doesn't come from a person of an older generation (whom we know sometimes have their opinions, inappropriate as they may be, that have carried over from their younger years) nor does it come from a religious group who may have a mass and deep routed teaching to carry on their opinions that may seem outdated today.
I guess it is hard for me.
Someone with seemingly the same background as myself being so blinded and self indulged. So selfish, and ignorant.
I have a problem with it.
I am not a naive person.
I know there are prejudiced people, and ignorant people. They are everywhere...but sometimes it takes me by surprise.
I have nothing in these moments.
Nothing to say, nothing to offer...
because how are you supposed to respond to
STUPID?
And when I look back and try to contemplate the vast level of ignorance that is before me in those situations, I have to hope it is simply a lack of education.
Today, I am thankful for my EDUCATION.
and not just my school-education, but life-education. The lessons in my life from the hard times, the good times, the things I self-taught. I appreciate that fact that I learned from them all.
They have made me a very open-minded and accepting person.
I have a lot of common sense, and I like to think, a VERY high level of intuition, especially in dealing with people.
This, I hope, insures that I will forever let people be people.
That I will rejoice in the good of the world whether it has to do with me or not.
That I will never be so self-centered as to think I know everything there is to know about anything.
Because I don't.
And, I am educated enough to know that.
No comments:
Post a Comment