When you look at your LIFE...the GREATEST happinesses...are FAMILY happinesses

Friday, November 5, 2010

Putting the Thanks, in Thanksgiving (day 5)

Tonight, at 8:40pm, my Husband and I sat on the couch watching our DVR'd episode of The Mentalist.
The rain had started after our bout of beautiful weather.
I had my first eggnog latte of the season in hand.
All was pretty right with the world.

He was just about to leave to go pick up a friend at the airport.

All of the sudden we could hear something in the, otherwise, quiet area of the house. You know, where we THOUGHT our youngest kids were sleeping.

Kevin muted the TV.

See, all of our kids have radios in their rooms.
My teenager listens to rap, which I swear she does, just because she knows we hate it.
(does she look like a rap kind of girl...um, no)

The two youngest listen to the same station they know, which is what we listen to in the car.

So tonight,
Ever so quietly, at first, we could hear both kids singing.
Within 30 seconds it got louder.

In that time, recognizably, they were singing, IN UNISON, "California Gurls"!!
Oh that Katy Perry.
Such a GREAT influence. :)

Even though, they were supposed to be sleeping, we just sat out here laughing. Both of us wiping tears from our eyes. Literally.

So...
The list could be long from this senario...of what it is I am thankful for.

But tonight, I am thankful for Music.

Music is a tool for the soul.
It can make us smile, and dance.
It can take us to a different place, as even the most introverted person can be seen breaking into song.
It can show who we are, and help us develop individuality.
And apparently, if you are 7 and 4...the mood can take over your ability to sleep and you can be transported to California....where the grass is really greener. :)

Tonight, I am thankful for music. Mostly, because I found it funny.

No comments: