When you look at your LIFE...the GREATEST happinesses...are FAMILY happinesses

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Putting the Thanks, in Thanksgiving (day 9)

There has never been anything in my life that has made me feel more important than being a mom has made me feel.

It is hard most of the time.
Even in the dark of night, I am not the same person I was years ago. I am always on-call.

I am always secondary to myself.

These amazing people that I get to love...to take care of, have changed me.

How did I get so lucky?
I often wonder.

For me, being a mom is amazing...and challenging all at the same time.
It can stretch you so thin, and yet make you so strong.

It is amazing how it makes you stand for so much more then you ever thought you could.
It makes you understand that life is SO MUCH MORE, so much bigger, then what you ever thought it could be.

Makes you conscience of the fact that your every move, and every word, is being taken in and processed by people who you only hope turn out to be better then you...(no matter how good you think you are).

Even on it's best day, being a mom is a balancing act, of being an organizer, a doctor, a chef, a magician, a referee, a teacher, a soft-place and probably most importantly, a hero, all wrapped up into one person.

Tonight, I am thankful that I got the chance to be one.

I have never been more proud of anything I have ever done.

No comments: