When you look at your LIFE...the GREATEST happinesses...are FAMILY happinesses

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Snow, kids, hills......SLEDDING

The little kids had never been sledding like this before.
They have gone with daddy, down our street hill...and on our driveway...
But not big, steep, grassy hills...by themselves, before.

They were timid at first. Especially Tyler. Makylie goes at most things with no fear...but Tyler, thinks, and re-thinks...and is a little stand-offish until he is comfortable.
They started out walking most of the way down the hill...and then sledding from there....
But
That.Didn't.Last.Long!

They were having SO MUCH FUN!

I mean, LOOK at this picture of Maky. It just says it all!
This is what most of the shots that I took looked like.
Smiles that spread across their entire face...and laughs that were so filled with BELLY, you could hear them wide-spread through the neighborhood.
Their expressions were so heart-filled.
So incredibly real.
You simply could not wipe the happy away.

They have on rainboots. I thought I had snowboots...but turns out...I didn't.
They had to wear rainboots.
If you have ever worn rainboots in the snow(which I did on this day as well)....you know how cold your toes get.
3-4 pair of socks. Didn't matter. Still frozen toes.
They didn't care.
They would have stayed all day long.....

So...
just when we thought it couldn't get any better....
THE FRIENDS SHOWED UP.
Oh....if our toes were frozen solid...if we were ready to go home and have cocoa...
It all went away when our friends came.
I seriously don't think they could have had more fun!

They are just such a nice group of kids,
and they always include Makylie, and are very nice to her, which makes me really happy.

Just a FUN day!

Chloe, Tyler, Rohnan.......(Emily and Makylie were just off to the side...)
I haven't been sledding like this, since Karman was little.
Then when she had all of her surgeries we had to stop letting her do things where she could have an impactive fall...so sledding, was out.
It brought back all kinds of memories!

One last trip down the snow-covered hill...
Then it was time to go warm up all of our frozen toes...and fingers...and noses....
and have some hot cocoa....and talk about how we hope we can go do it all again, tomorrow.
Thank you for a Happy Day my Snow Angels!
Mommy promises to buy you snowboots right away!

No comments: