When you look at your LIFE...the GREATEST happinesses...are FAMILY happinesses

Monday, November 1, 2010

Putting the Thanks, in Thanksgiving (day 1)

I have decided that it is important to remember what this "turkey-day" thing is all about.

To remind myself each and everyday why it is I, and my family are so blessed. We have so much good, in our country, our state, our city, our schools, our homes...Our lives. However, it is so easy to take it all for granted. To get wrapped up in the things that are not so good, or that are controversial, or just hard. There will always be things that are trying, but for each of those trials there are positives that scream to us and twirl and dance around, trying to remind us to be thankful. Because, regardless the situation, even on the worst of days...GOOD SURROUNDS US...

We get up each morning, and the minutes turn into hours, and the chaos starts...and pretty soon it is dinner time and we can't even remember what we had for lunch. It is easy, very easy to forget.

Today, I am thankful for today.

I truly am one of those people that thinks, at least once a day, that I am lucky to be here.

I am thankful to be here, to have a healthy family, to be in love, to be loved.

***********************

I am thankful, for today.

No comments: