I love to watch Kevin with them. I love to watch them light up when he gets home from work.
They idolize him.
Sometimes I feel like my days are filled with routine and function and that he gets all of the fun.
My nephew told me once....
He said "Daddies are for playing and mommies are for loving."
True, I believe.
********************
Once in a while though...
There are those moments.
Those unmistakeable moments that I wouldn't trade for anything.
Tonight we played the Wii together. The kids oooohed and awed at the things that I could do for them that they haven't figured out how to do yet.
Then we had omelets and apple muffins for dinner.
Prior, this was actually a remarkably awful day. The kids were grumpy, over-tired and at each others throats ALL DAY LONG!
The night felt long.
But, it was great.
When we were done, Kevin and the kids watched G-Force together while I wrote on the blog and watched the movie.
Then it was bedtime. We read as usual and then the kids were asleep quickly.
With all of its internal chaos...and the typical runaround havoc of the day...it ended beautifully.
Tonight, I am thankful for those moments of familytime that just whisper AMAZING!
No comments:
Post a Comment