When you look at your LIFE...the GREATEST happinesses...are FAMILY happinesses

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Putting the Thanks, in Thanksgiving (day 6)

In 2003 we decided we were going to try to buy a house.
We started the long tedious process of looking. We tredged through many houses and the only ones that fit our budget were the houses that were too small for us.

We did find a couple that we made offers on. None of them were accepted.
Instead of settling, we just kept on looking.

In March, 2004 a house came on the market that was in the area we were looking for. Kevin's dad actually found it for us. I went and looked at it while Kevin was at work.
That day, everything changed.
I knew it was our house.
I called Kevin, who left work immediately to come and look.

Now, the house needed A LOT of work. I don't want to mislead here...when I say a lot...I mean, we couldn't move in until we did some work, and from there...it was going to be a work in process for years to come. Inside, and out.
BUT
it was a great size, and was in our budget.

We literally made an offer that day. A full price offer.
It was accepted the next morning.

(for the record....this is NOT what it looked like when we bought it....this is in fact, just last May...This is after residing, and a brand new paint job...and yet, before the brand new yard that we put in last fall.)
A funny thing...was that the house next door...ended up being a house that we had made an offer on near the beginning of our search.
The one we got is WAY better!

Things have a way of working out!

We took ownership in May and did a lot of work. We moved in on Tyler's first birthday in June.

Today...though we are always working and changing things in the house, we truly love it. Almost every bit of it has been done by us...mainly my husband and father....
I feel like our appreciation of owning a house is that much stronger because of how much work we have put into it.

Tonight, I am thankful to have a roof over our heads.
I am thankful that the roof is this house.
I am thankful that my amazing husband and father have so much talent and patience in order to make our house what it is today.
So thankful, that we came in right before the real estate market skyrocketed and were able to afford to buy.

Mostly, thankful that our house has become our HOME!

No comments: